|State Champion EMCC sends 26 football players onto four-year schools|
SCOOBA – Headlined by NJCAA All-American Randall Mackey and fellow SEC signee Brandon Lewis, the defending MACJC state football champions of East Mississippi Community College had a total of 26 players sign with four-year schools either in December or this past week.
A two-time NJCAA Region 23 Offensive MVP for head coach Buddy Stephens’ EMCC Lions, Mackey signed with the University of Mississippi on National Signing Day this past week. The 6-foot, 185-pound standout quarterback completed his two-year career in Scooba having thrown for 5,940 yards and 56 touchdowns in addition to rushing for 1,065 career yards and nine scores.
Lewis, a 6-foot-3, 280-pound defensive lineman from Birmingham’s Pleasant Grove High School, inked mid-semester with the reigning National Champion Alabama Crimson Tide. A two-year starter at East Mississippi, Lewis helped lead the resurgent Lions to a two-year composite record of 19-3 and school-first, back-to-back state playoff appearances.
Most recently, wide receiver Lance Lewis, of Concord, N.C., joined former EMCC teammate Diavalo Simpson at East Carolina University. Also this past week, offensive linemen Quartney Cox of West Point and Columbus’ Billy Autrey signed with the UAB Blazers, joining mid-semester signees Pat Shed of Starkville and T.J. Ballou, a former Northeast Lauderdale standout, in Birmingham.
Also signing this week off EMCC’s 11-1 and fourth-ranked 2009 squad was wide receiver Derrick Steele of Utica, who will reunite with former Lion defensive end Jermayne Lett at the University of Central Arkansas.
Other former EMCC football standouts having signed with four-year schools at the mid-semester break were: Claude Davis (South Florida); John Rice (Western Michigan); C.J. Jenkins and Luther Chambers (Southeastern Louisiana); Cedrick Blanks and Dujuan Brown (Tennessee-Martin); Avis Shelton and Kenny Roby (Alcorn State); Bill Franks (Delta State); Alvin Ellis and Gabe Poe (West Alabama); Anthony Hines and Maurice Owens (Arkansas Tech); Stephon Johnson (Kentucky Wesleyan); Jeremiah McDonald (Belhaven); and DeJay Watkins (Stillman College).
EMCC Football Players Moving onto Four-year Schools (2009-10)
· QB Randall Mackey (Mississippi)
· DL Brandon Lewis (Alabama)
· WR Lance Lewis & OL Diavalo "Boogie" Simpson (East Carolina)
· OL Billy Autrey, OL Quartney Cox, RB Pat Shed & DB T.J. Ballou (UAB)
· DL Claude Davis (South Florida)
· DL John Rice (Western Michigan)
· DL C.J. Jenkins & DL Luther Chambers (Southeastern Louisiana)
· WR/RB Cedrick Blanks & LB Dujuan Brown (Tennessee-Martin)
· OL Avis Shelton & LB Kenny Roby (Alcorn State)
· WR Bill Franks (Delta State)
· LB Alvin Ellis & LB Gabe Poe (West Alabama)
· DB Anthony Hines & LB Maurice Owens (Arkansas Tech)
· WR Derrick Steele & DL Jermayne Lett (Central Arkansas)
· WR Stephon Johnson (Kentucky Wesleyan)
· OL Jeremiah McDonald (Belhaven)
· OL DeJay Watkins (Stillman College)
|Last Updated ( Saturday, 06 February 2010 )|
|< Prev||Next >|